Join our Facebook Groups to find out what’s going on in Sevier County, Utah:
Find jobs that are available in Sevier County, Utah
Join Our Email List to Get Regular Updates
NEWS & UPDATES
· If you have children at home — but do not file taxes — be sure to fill out the form that will help you receive the monthly “Child Tax Credit” starting on July 15! Families will be sent $300 per child under six, or $250 for children from six through 17 years old, each month through the end of the year. There are already efforts to continue the monthly payments indefinitely. Unless you make more than $75,000 for single-parent households or over $150,000 for a married couple, you deserve these payments. If you don’t file taxes, you will need to fill out a form to get those payments. Act now: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/child-tax-credit-non-filer-sign-up-tool
· Today, there are online specials galore, due to Amazon’s Prime Day — and the competing sales from every major online retailer. For example, the best TV-Internet device may be Amazon’s 4K Fire TV, on sale today for Prime Day: https://amzn.to/3vGk5yl
· Richfield’s Fourth of July schedule may be viewed here: https://bit.ly/3zKzAsb. Once again, we’re hearing from locals who’ve moved away, complaining that the fireworks were moved a day later, from Sunday to Monday — instead of a day earlier, to Saturday — because they’ll have to start their long drives home before the fireworks launch on the 5th, so they can be back at work on Tuesday. Note: July 24 falls on a Saturday this year.
· The Summer Olympics are coming! If you cannot get local broadcast television, you will need to stream events live via NBC’s “premium” version of the Peacock app — which offers a free months’ trial (which would cover the entire Olympics), and is only $4.99 per month if you decide to continue. The app is available on all(?) TV-internet-device-things. To learn more, visit https://peacocktv.com/sports/olympics) to create an account and get info about the Olympics streams coming on July 15.
· Among the various local construction projects underway are:
– The new bike parts factory northeast of Walmart;
– A campground on the cleared land west of Sagebrush Grill along 1300 South;
– A new T-Mobile retail location in the Walmart strip mall;
– The new FiiZ Drinks location under construction in front of Larsen’s Ace Hardware.
– Red Hills BMX got some concrete backing on their turns.
· Did you know 90% of Utah is in “extreme drought” conditions — including Sevier County? Get state-wide info about drought conditions now at http://drought.utah.gov.
· This week, Richfield’s Huish Reel Theatre is showing Disney’s “Cruella” (PG-13), “In the Heights” (PG-13), “The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It” (R), and for their weekly kids matinees, “Trolls World Tour.”
SEVIER VALLEY DINING
· DONUTS!!! GG’s Donuts are back starting tomorrow 6-22. The only made from scratch donuts in the area. Get a FREE Donut with purchase of BREAKFAST item or SMOOTHIE.
· Did you miss the food truck rally in Monroe on Monday evening? Or the Louisiana-style crab boil at Mom’s Cafe last week? Or the buy-one-get-one free at Papa Murphy’s Pizza? You wouldn’t miss a thing if you joined the Sevier Valley Dining group!
This week, don’t miss this week’s special of a Sticky Chicken Salad at Herbs Place at Jorgensen’s Lanes! Ideal Dairy is offering a Taco Salad this week. And Winger’s is offering their new “riblets!” Join us to keep up with all the latest specials and most delicious offerings: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleydining
SEVIER VALLEY JOBS
· Several new companies are coming to our area. Get great jobs from them — and existing businesses and organizations — anytime at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyjobs
· Looking to hire? We know just the place. There are over 5,400 locals looking for work at “Sevier Valley Jobs!” One local restaurant put out a call for new workers, and our stats show it was checked out by 947 local workers — so far! List your open positions in seconds at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyjobs.
SEVIER VALLEY HOMES
· A local business has moved and the home they were located at is now up for sale. Check out the details here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyhomes/posts/4048110881942196/
· Did you know the eviction moratorium ends this month? If you are struggling to pay your rent, help is available. Go to http://rentrelief.utah.gov to apply for rental assistance today. Learn more about the program here: https://bit.ly/35IIBnK
· Internet speeds are an increasingly important factor in choosing where we live. For example, several areas offer gigabit speeds (940-1,000 Mbps) — but other areas only offer 100 Mbps (for comparison, an HD stream from Netflix uses 25 Mbps). Here’s a way to check on what speeds are available where — down to the actual streets and blocks in our area — free, quick, and easy to use. Zoom in and compare local Internet speeds here: https://bit.ly/3wHkJNf
· Find out what’s happening in our local real estate market at https://www.facebook.com/groups/seviervalleyhomes/
SPORTS & OUTDOORS
· This week’s weather looks like there will be a slight cooling trend, with temps back up over 100 — in more record-breaking heat — by early next week. Ouch: https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather/united-states/utah/richfield-2480792
· Try to limit outdoor activities and, if you are out and about, try to drink plenty of fluids! If you start to feel woozy or nauseous, get into cooler temperatures right away.
RICHFIELD NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
· With weather like this, you can be sure we’re deep into wildfire season. Take extra caution and avoid burning any fires outdoors. No fireworks are allowed on government lands.
· The “Delta” COVID variant, which originated in India, is said to be spreading through Utah now. Unique symptoms include loss of hearing, swelling and inflammation, and head-cold symptoms, alongside difficulty breathing and flu-like aches and pains.
· Please remember to remove valuables from your cars, and keep them locked, especially at night.